Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Incredible Shrinking Man

I have a friend at work who keeps calling me the incredible shrinking man; this week I haven’t felt that way. I have been in a foul mood and a bad mental state. This translates into a bad few days of food choices, the spiral has begun again. I feel horrible. I am sitting back at 315-316, its all retention weight but that isn’t the point. I thought that I had gotten past this mental issue, or was at least GETTING past it and I hit this roadblock. It is very frustrating. At the same time, the support EVERYONE at my work shows me is phenomenal, I feel as if every bad piece of food entering my mouth is letting them down too. And in a way, it is.

The incredible shrinking man, this statement has invigorated me this morning. It’s all about one little word. No. Do I want to eat Taco Fresco? No. Do I want Chopstix? No. Do I want a veggie 6 inch from subway? Yes. How hard is that? Even better, I have bought a metric ton of healthy food from the store, EAT IT.
The second part of my bad mood comes from the fact that I have not given myself any release valve for this pent up energy. I have to get to the gym. I love the way I feel at and after the gym. I am recommitted to it, I can STILL hit 299 by 9/15 if I PUSH hard and that starts today. Eat what I brought for lunch, eat what I bought from the store for dinner, and go to the gym afterwards.

Finally, my third mood prissiness comes not from the diet or exercise but my frustration with my “now, now, now’ attitude. Admittedly, this weight loss journey has made it easier, but I spend too much money, gamble too much money, and want too much right now. I have set up auto savings for 107.00 each payday, that’s 214 each month, how much is in my savings after 3 months? 7.00.
So here is my commitment to myself:

1) Really give it an effort to not eat out at all until 9/15, including subway and healthy taco bell menu – this is to prove I can do it.
2) Get to the gym tonight. Get to the gym tomorrow. Get to the gym Friday….
3) Stop touching my savings. Immediately put back the 100 I moved yesterday and leave it alone. Fix your W-2 and start planning your financial future and ruin. Contact debtors like the tickets, IRS, UHEEA, make plans. Live by my budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment