Wednesday, August 18, 2010

August 18

I have plateaued at 310, but that is a little my fault. i have a hole in y plan called El Taco Fresco. Its so bad for me, but it seems once a week, yum-yum. i have dedicated myself to not eating it for 30 days. So, we will see.
Yesterday I signed up to volunteer at the Rock and Roll Triathlon Marathon / Half-Marathon in Vegas on December 5th, it should be great. 3 days - 2 in the hospitality tent and 1 on the race day. i think volunteering at as many as I can will help me to train, and learn tri's.
I want to write something that I had to think about. My fears about losing weight. Sounds odd eh? But its true, I have been heavy now over half my life, and morbidly obese for the last 5 years. I am afraid of who I will be when I lose the weight. Will that make me happy or will I still see myself as the fat guy? Will i be able to keep the weight off? Am I emotionally ready to be thin, do I think this will solve all my problems?
Absurd questions, but I have been wrapped up in the blanket of security called fat for some time now. I feel I may be kidding myself thinking I will date again. I don't want to always be alone, but I am not defined by my relationships. However, will i find someone to date?
anyway, I have to go back to work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment